Hole in the sky?

My name is Major.

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Denis Villeneuve's Dune is a Modern Masterpiece


    I just finished watching Dune on Plex for the first time. Yes, the first time.. as there will be several viewings of this film in the near future. I saw this video with Denis describing his thought process in to his favorite scene, and it got me so fucking hyped:


     Most people know if they have been on any of my blogs, I'm a huge Dune fan. From the original movie, the books, and so on. I spend night after night watching Dune lore videos on youtube. To see a director this much into the movie, and his vision.. really got me excited for this. I don't have the time right now for a proper review and links like normal, but you can bet your ass there will be one in the future. I give this movie 5 out of 5 Zardoz heads.

Anyways, go get your free month of HBO Max and check it out for yourself.

**Post-Script Life Update** - I've finished moving, and just completed unpacking 99% of  the boxes today. It's been a rough 5ish days to be honest, and I'm feeling my age. I'll be back to my regular posting schedule by the end of the week at this rate, and I start my new job on Monday. More on that later, and pictures of my gaming setup then. I'm just physically exhausted, and today was the first time I let myself enjoy something and take a break from packing, running, calling...in at least 2 weeks. Moving and starting a new job is always hard, but this time it seems have take a lot out of me. Knowing how difficult this could be, I used my last week of vacation from my previous job to take this week off and relax. I'm very excited for my personal future, and that of the rejuvenated blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment