Hole in the sky?

My name is Major.

Monday, September 27, 2021

BBS Games Are Back - Legend of the Red Dragon Online

 

Click here to play now! (I'm on the River Realm as Morganstern)

    As you can imagine, when I found out I could play BBS/DOOR games in a browser, I was so excited and forgot about work for the rest of the day. It's no secret I'm old and use to get on BBS's a long time ago on my Tandy 1000, and was always limited to a few minutes on each BBS per day, with a very limited amount of things you could do on each one. It was rare for the places I lived to have more than two or three nodes, so running in to other players was rare. Well not anymore! A quick signup which was required no verification by email, and we were off to the races. 

I quickly made a character. Oh god the memories came flowing in. The green text! I always go thief so I can get first strike in the forest and when other players are sleeping.


A few forest fights in, and I left my mark in the flowers... Comment below if you saw it.

Awesome random event with ANSI graphics. Creepy event!

A floating head visited me. 

...and of course I died a horrible death. Perfect!

    Super awesome site. No advertisements and totally free. Can't wait to die again tomorrow. For those who are familiar with the game, it looks like lots of aftermarket and supported add-ons that were sold originally with the program have been loaded. In the recent news scrolling at the beginning it appeared that people were getting married, robbing banks, and visiting places I had not heard of when I played as a kid. 

If you wanted to download the game yourself to run in DOSbox and try out different IGM's, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment