Hole in the sky?

My name is Major.

Saturday, November 11, 2023

I took a little break, and killed the ads.

My PC after only 2 minutes and 12 seconds of viewing Google's auto ads feature

     I'll start off by saying I killed the ads on all my blogs. Yes, they were making me around $10-12 per month, but I could not even stand to look at the page. I know I had to take a break from posting, so I thought.. "Hey, if I don't have to post or look at it for a while, maybe it can at least make me some money...", and it did. Bad move, and I'm sorry. I would have left them up a little longer to be honest, until I had a run-in with the Google Adsense police.

My son's youtube page. Click to view his strange horror related content. 

     My son has a youtube channel (pictured above) that does pretty well, and he qualified to earn on his views. He is really pumped about his sudden popularity, so I made him an Adsense account and got the process started. Within a week, Google demanded I delete my personal Adsense account. My son and I have the same name, and live at the same address, so we must be the same person, so one duplicate account must go. I pleaded with them, asked them several times to review it, but there was zero human element to the choice made and I decided to delete my account, so my son could get his little income stream going. What horseshit, but I'm willing to do it for the dude. 

Why did I take a break? Lot's going on during an event season at work, new responsibilities, and had to spend some time with my wife off the clock. Writing the blog is a hobby for me, but I was spending a little too much time on the computer after work on nothing, so had to reel that in. Hadn't washed the truck or got to my honey-do list for a while. Either way, I'm going to attempt to balance my time better and give the blog a little love over the weekend. 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment