Hole in the sky?

My name is Major.

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Some changes at The Hole?

 

New hotness

Old and busted

     I'm sure you have seen a couple of small changes here recently, and I wanted to be transparent with that, just in case anyone was worried what was going on. Short version, everything is fine, I just decided things need to be brought up to snuff.

  • Resized the blog to modern PC dimensions.
  • Changed title graphic. Previous graphic had trademarked D&D page and had the names of people who no longer contribute on there. After I resized the blog and margins, the old graphic was very small and was started to look dated and pixelated on mobile. The skeleton is from the Dune MSDOS game I was playing recently turned on it's side and recolored, added some embellishments as well. The hand is from Legend of the Red Dragon ANSI BBS Door game, the text is from something I found on Dafont.com and really like it. It's about 60 layers, the text being most of it. I think it's okay for now and I could change it in the future.
  • Removed all posts of straight up nudity and illegal piracy to be more advertiser friendly.
  • Removed Author Bios of contributors that are no longer talking to me or contributing. I left their posts up, and links to their blogger profiles at the bottom. Of course any of those people could reach out and submit an article at any time and I would love to hear from them. 
  • Added link to an Origin and History of the blog.
  • Revised my About Major page
  • Added a Facebook link, and I will be posting more on social media. **Update: Facebook removed the Unknown Hole Facebook for sharing trademarked images from movies and such. I didn't know that was possible. Not sure if I care enough to make another. 11/7/21**
  • Added a Discord link and made a subreddit.
  • Deleted (Most...) dead links and dead images.
  • Moved a bunch of stuff around and did some general house cleaning.
     All in all, I like the theme and colors of the blog, and the general vibe to everything. I don't want to ruin that for people visiting again after not being here for a while. Even when putting a new title graphic together I wanted to keep the orange-ish theme intact. I remember the old title graphic being much darker and more orange, but I made it when I was still using a CRT as a monitor, on the warmest setting. Things have changed drastically in that regard. Expanding the size affected the picture placement, so had to go back and just check everything over, which was quite a task coming up to 375 posts.

     Last but not least, I'll be moving to another part of the state the third week of October and won't be posting until Mid-November when I get settled in, internet back on and so on. The Reason? Well, the short version is, the company I worked for sold, and I took a new and exciting job in the same industry elsewhere.

Anyways, thanks for visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment