Hole in the sky?

My name is Major.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

I created a blog and got 500k views.

Look at all those views.. but who cares?

      I think this should be some kind of milestone that most blogs strive to accomplish. I've done some research on this subject, with people asking other successful bloggers.. "How do I get to X point and make money on my blog?" In my case, it cost me zero dollars, has me me very little money, and took over 10 years. It should be noted that in the last two years I've earned the lion's share of the unique views with my new posting schedule; who knew that when you post, people would read it!

Some Blog Stats
     I suppose we could ask ourselves.. who cares? I've found myself checking views here and there, but for the most part, I never look. I do get excited when I get a comment or email adding to the conversation. I have another blog that gets much higher engagement, so that fills the need for the interaction that I crave. The blog is just my outlet for whatever I'm reading about or what I'm interested about at that moment in time. Beers get consumed, I want to vent to someone and talk to a friend, and because I've moved so much, I don't really have any of those. The blog has helped me on more than one occasion feel better about my situation, and myself. A peak under the hood- I spend about 15 minutes per post, I don't research what I want to write about, and I just keep a few windows open so I can google things and copy links.. it's about as low effort as it can be without looking actually low effort. Writing blogs is kinda my thing and I've been doing it since the mid-90's before it even had a name. 

Thank you.

    Thank you to all the repeat visitors and new visitors who have supported me and read the blog over the years. Seriously, I fucking mean it. This is your blog and I made it for both of us. I wish I had some more interesting things to say that does not have anything to do with beer, work and robot tits, but hey, thems the brakes. My hobby is collecting books, so if you want to hear/read about me actually put time and money into posts, you can head down that way, to First Edition Fantasy. I don't post frequently, but when I do, there is typically a lot of time and effort, custom pictures and going out into the market to find books to talk about. Buying books, driving, and taking pictures as well as researching values and topics all take multiple hours. Anyways! Thanks again for listening to my rants, and keep coming back to see what will randomly pop into my head next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment